Cyberattacks are becoming more frequent in modern times and have become sophisticated. These attacks keep increasing as the day goes by, and it is estimated that in 2023, there will be new cyberattack trends to look out for. Threats such as hackers and malware disrupt the usual functions of mobile devices and systems because they set the information on the software at risk, including data loss and exposing private information.
According to Statista, approximately 15 million data records were exposed as a result of data breaches during the third quarter of 2022. The number of data breaches increased by 37% compared to last quarter.
As a result, many companies in the United States are now turning to protect their data and information from cyber threats through cyber resilience. This practice of cyber resilience enables companies to protect themselves from cyberattacks or recover from the damage that may want to reduce the company’s day-to-day activities.
What is Cyber Resilience?
Cyber resilience is the ability to keep your business, device, and data online, irrespective of cyber threats. Simply put, cyber resilience is the ability of a business to predict, expect, prevent, withstand, and recover from cyber security incidents and adapt to unfavorable conditions, attacks, stresses, or breaches on systems that use or are enabled on cyber resources.
Thought of as a digital fitness, cyber resilience is more than one line of defense; it involves end-to-end protection against cyberattacks, threats, and data loss.
Cyber resilience helps your company mitigate and recover from any cybersecurity incidents. It reduces the risks and severity of attacks and enables business continuity.
Attributes of Cyber Resilience
A robust cyber resilience can be generalized through a lifecycle to safeguard the business/organization, constant monitoring to detect any threat and develop the capacity to address the changing threats through the combination of cybersecurity.
The attributes associated with being cyber resilient include
- Aligning business continuity, information security, and organizational adaptability.
- Protecting your business from anything that will negatively impact the integrity, availability, or confidentiality of your IT system networks and associated information and services.
- Developing and enabling security teams that are vigilant, aware, sensitive, and capable of keeping your business safe.
- Preparing, responding, and recovering from cyber threats and attacks quickly with minimal interruption of business operations.
- Adapting to known and unknown crises and situations, adversities, threats, and challenges.
Also, being able to strengthen your cyber defenses continuously is another attribute of being cyber resilient.
Why is Cyber Resilience Important?
Cyber resilience has become a significant factor in determining the success of a business. It is vital for business continuity and provides security posture and risk reduction.
Here are reasons why cyber resilience is important to your business before, during, and after a cyberattack.
- To maintain the integrity of the organization
When an organization does not have cyber resilience in place, monitoring the harm caused by cyber criminals becomes difficult. Cyber resilience provides a means to monitor cyber-attack damages and protect your business from admin penalties, public criticism, sudden revenue cuts, and financial or business losses.
- To enhance the protection of the systems
Cyber resilience helps your business respond to an attack and withstand it. It can also help your business build its IT governance strategy, strengthen data protection efforts, enhance assets’ safety and security, prevents the impact of natural disaster, and reduce human error.
- Improving work culture and processes
If employees are motivated to take work and data protection seriously, confidential information is safe. Therefore, cyber resilience ensures the right security actions are kept within each department, reducing human errors that could lead to confidential data leakage.
- Reduction of losses
Irrespective of how strong your business’s IT protection is, the fact remains that it is not immune to cyberattacks. With cyber resilience in place, in the case of a successful security breach, the impact of the attack will be reduced, as well as the financial losses.
What Can Cyber Resilience Solve
Cyber resilience can help your business solve for
- Market complexities involving extremely strict compliance regulations, including CCPA and GDPR and data security
- An evolving threat landscape where over half of SMBs report suffering data breaches and need to defend against malicious scripts and polymorphic malware
- Ubiquitous connectivity has dissolved the traditional network edge, opening the door to data loss from human error, network outages, malicious actors, natural disasters, and system failure.
What Advantage Does Cyber Resilience Have Over Cyber Security?
Virtually every sector in a company, organization, or business has mapped cybercrime as the main threat to their businesses. Cyber resilience offers a more holistic technique to digitally approach business continuity despite increasing cyberattacks, the rise of ransomware, and other impactful cybercrimes when cybersecurity alone isn’t enough.
How Does Quantum Technologies Assist with Cyber Resilience?
Quantum Technologies, through a multi-layer approach, incorporates cybersecurity solutions to enhance protection against cyberattacks and uses cyber resilience to mitigate likely data breaches in your network. Contact us today for your data security!